1) The new single is brilliant! Can you tell us about it, the style and why you reckon people are going to dig it.
Thanks glad your liking it. Well for the title track I was trying to make something that had a slightly lazier groove than what I maybe would normally do and I really wanted a fairly simple melody line to carry it along almost a rave stab kind of thing but without using those kind of sounds. I think Cisco managed to take it nicely into other directions with the remixes also.
2) The single is off the forthcoming album. We really need to know more about the album!
Well it just felt like time for another one it's been a few years since I last made an album and I was doing some tracks for EPM that just sort of naturally expanded into an album project. It was something I wanted to do at least once more as the album concept generally seems to be dying these days.
3) You've always had a foot in the 'old school', whether that be old Chicago house, Detroit techno or electro. Can you tell us why you feel it's so important to represent this in your music.
I think it's just something I do naturally really that stuff is part of my musical heritage so it's hard for it not to come out somewhere along the line especially now as we're so far removed from that time (in terms of years not musically) that sometimes it doesn't help to break those tunes out to most people on the dance floor the reaction is still "what's the amazing tune" which is what DJ'ing has always been about for me.
4) How do you feel about the direction techno is heading. Are you still as excited about techno as you always were.
Honestly I'm genuinely excited about the imminent future of dance music generally and particularly Techno. The influx of people from dubstep , d&b , bass music whatever you want to call it has brought about some of the most refreshing attitudes to Techno in years. That coupled with with the refugees of the extreme (minimal and schranz) elements of techno have made things into this very open grey area musically. I know it sounds like hyperbole but I really do feel like where on the cusp of a golden era again. It hasn't been since the early 90's that so many new people have broken through at the same time making amazing refreshing music that with the world being in recession which is the traditional boom time for dance music seems to have set things up for another memorable period of dance music.
5) Finally how can people get hold of you and find out about your new releases/movements.
DRUMS N BREAKS PREVIEW (OUT NOW)
HOTEL INSOMNIA PREVIEW (OUT OCT 29TH)